Creating Favorite Inks
Favorite inks allows you to easily build and retain a set of often used inks, whether they are color, gradient, texture, hatch, pattern, or symbol. You can create and save multiple palettes. Also, you can share saved palettes with friends and co-workers for project consistency.
To Add an Ink to the Favorites Inks:
- If you wish to place an ink in the Favorite Inks (e.g., a Pattern ink), click on the ink's icon to view the ink's palette.
- Select the ink and do one of the following:
- Drag the ink cell to the Favorite Inks icon.
- Press the Favorites button at the bottom right of the panel.
The ink is now available on the Favorite inks palette. Once placed inside the Favorite Inks, you can then use this ink at any time. Once you have placed several inks in the Favorite inks, you should save the palette for future use.
To Delete a Favorite Ink:
Select the ink cell and drag it to the Trash Can.
To Save a Favorite Inks Palette:
- Click on the Favorite Inks icon.
- Open the Presets palette menu.
- Select Save Favorites Inks.
- Enter a file name and click Save.
To Change the Size of the Ink Cells in the Presets Palette:
Click the pop-up menu button on the bottom right corner of the Presets palette and do one of the following:
- Select Large cells to enlarge the appearance of the ink cells.
- Select Small cells to make the appearance of the ink cells smaller.
Loading, Appending, and Clearing Inks
You can load and append inks for one ink type at a time in the Presets palette. Click the pop-up menu button on the bottom right corner of the Presets palette.
- Load: Loads inks from a palette file, replacing the ink type currently open in the Presets palette. In the dialog box, select a file and click Open.
- Append: Adds inks from a palette file to the ink type currently open in the Presets palette. In the dialog box, select a palette file and click Open.
- Clear: Removes the inks (except “no ink”) from the current palette.
- Load Document Inks: Loads all inks from all of the vector objects within the document.
- Append Document Inks: Keeps the existing inks and loads all inks from all of the vector objects within the document.