Canvas X Draw aligns text to the indents of a text object. Canvas X Draw has four alignment, or justification, settings: flush right, flush left, full (flush with both right and left indents), or centered. You can set alignment in either the Text | Justification submenu, Type palette, or Properties bar.
Full justification may create wide letter or word spacing, especially in narrow text columns. Other justification settings might appear too ragged on one or both sides.
You can set letter and word spacing parameters to improve the appearance of text. (See Adjusting Spacing and Justification.)
To Set Justification Using Menu Commands:
- Choose Text | Justification. A checkmark appears next to the current justification setting.
- Choose an alignment option in the submenu. Canvas X Draw applies the justification setting immediately.
To Set Justification Using the Text Settings in Properties Bar:
- Drag the Text tool in the layout area or select a text object to make the text settings appear in the Properties bar.
- Click a justification button. Canvas X Draw applies the justification setting immediately.
To Set Justification Using the Type Palette:
- Open the Type palette and click the Paragraph tab.
- Click a Justification button.
- Click Apply to implement the justification setting.