Canvas Message: "This computer has been deactivated from your membership"
Overview: If you are receiving this message when opening or activating Canvas X Draw for Mac, there are some steps you can perform to resolve this issue. This message will occur if all of your subscription seats are already in use, performed a drive transfer from an old Mac, or your subscription has not yet been created.
Applies To: Canvas Draw / Canvas X Draw
Step #1: Deactivate devices not in use that are associated to your subscription:
- Log into your Canvas ID Portal: https://cvidportal.canvasgfx.com/login
- Click "My App" to access your Canvas products and subscription plans
- Scroll down to "My Plan" and locate your Canvas X Subscription. Select "Plan Details". Make note of the Available Installs. This will show if all available seats are free or not.
- Click "Deactivate" next to any computers that you do not wish your subscription plan to be on.
- Confirm your selection by clicking "Yes, I want to deactivate this machine."
- If a computer device name is not listed, exit the portal and go to Step #2.
Step #2: Remove the Canvas Mac Library Settings (Note: this will remove any customized Canvas Settings and revert them back to the original defaults):
- In the Finder, choose the “Go” menu > Go to Folder. Type /Library as seen below and click Go. This will immediately take you to the Mac Library Folder.
- Open the Application Support folder.
- Drag the entire Canvas X Draw or Canvas Draw folder to the trash. (You should be prompted to enter you Mac password to confirm deletion)
- Once deleted, restart your Mac.
- Open Canvas X Draw and the "Welcome" screen appears.
- Click "Sign In" and input your email and associated
password. Click Continue.
- A message should appear confirming that activation was successful and Canvas X Draw will open.
If you are unable to activate Canvas with the steps above, please create a Support ticket
and one of our agents will assist you.
Thank you for using Canvas.
How To move a Subscription from one computer to another
Overview: You have the ability to move your Canvas Subscription from one computer to another, in the event your computer stops working or if you buy a new one. Applies To: Canvas X Draw (Mac/Win), Canvas X Geo, Canvas X Pro Steps To Perform: 1. ...
Canvas Message: "You have activated your Canvas membership on too many computers..."
Overview: When attempting to license a Canvas subscription past the allotted seat count purchased, you may receive a message stating "You have activated your Canvas membership on too many computers..." Applies To: Canvas X, Canvas Geo, Canvas X3, ...
Canvas Message: "The entered License Key is not valid. Please check your license key"
Overview: Canvas License keys are specific to its version. For instance: If you install Canvas X and try to use a key from an earlier version (e.g. Canvas X 2019), the following message will appear: Applies To: Canvas X, Canvas X Geo, Canvas X3, ...
How do I reset Canvas settings in Windows?
Overview: If you are having issues in Canvas, you have the option to reset the Canvas settings to try to resolve the issue. Note: All prior custom settings will be removed and will need to be redone. Applies To: Canvas X, Canvas X Geo, Canvas X3 ...
How to Uninstall Canvas on Windows
Overview: This article outlines how to remove Canvas X from your Windows PC Applies To: Canvas X, Canvas X Geo, Canvas X3 Steps To Perform: Open the Windows Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs, select Canvas X and click Uninstall. Delete the ...