The following demonstrates the use of a Sequence:
- Choose your desired Sequence from the Sequence list in the Sequences palette.
- Click on the plus icon to view or edit any of the commands that are contained within the Sequence.
If you want to view the Sequences related dialog boxes, select the User Interface checkbox before playing the Sequence. When the User Interface is activated, you will have the ability to view and edit all of the commands that are applied to a Canvas object.
- Select the object in the Canvas document to which you wish to apply the Sequence.
- Once the object is selected, activate and apply the series of operations to the object by clicking once on the Play Sequence button. The Sequence operation will now apply all of the commands that are contained in the Sequence to the object.
Recording the Sequence
All controls for recording, playing, and editing a Sequence can be located at the bottom of the Sequences palette.
You can record several different types of Sequences to perform many different tasks. You can create a Sequence that will apply a design effect or you can use the Sequence feature to create an object.
To Record a Sequence:
You need to first open the Sequences palette so that all controls are accessible. Decide where you wish the Sequence to be located and select the appropriate Sequence Set where the new Sequence will be stored. Remember that you may move the Sequence inside another Sequence Set after it is recorded.
- Click on the Create a New Sequence button.
- Enter a name for the Sequence in the User Sequence Options dialog box. This Sequence will contain all of the commands that you record. Click OK in the User Sequence Options dialog box to accept your settings.
- Select the object and then click on the Record Sequence button to begin recording the commands that you will use to create the effect. If you want to create an object with a Sequence, ensure to click the Record Sequence button and then create the object so it is included in the Sequence.
- Click on the Stop Recording button when you are finished.
- The Sequence may be applied to other objects. To do so, select another object and then click the Play Sequence button. Sequences can record the selection of objects with certain limitations. Only the following types of objects can be selected and, therefore, included in the recording of a Sequence:
- Objects which are created during the recording process.
- Objects that are selected and defined via the Object Specs palette when recording starts.
When you create an object in Canvas, it will automatically be assigned a number by default; however, for the object to be included in a Sequence, you must define it with the Object Specs palette. Objects that do not follow these guidelines will not be included during the recording process.