Using the Status Bar
The Status bar is at the bottom of the Canvas X Draw window. The Status bar provides information about commands, tools, objects, and program operations.
To Name an Object:
- Create an object.
- Click Name on the Status Bar.
- In the Modify Object Name dialog box, enter a name and press OK. Your object's name will be visible in the Name section of the Status Bar.
To Set the Number of Information Fields:
Point to the Status Bar, open the context menu, and choose from the Number of Fields submenu.
To Add Fields:
Point to the Status Bar, open the context menu, and choose a function in the Add to Right or Add to Left submenu.
To Remove a Field:
Point to the field, open the context menu, and choose Remove.
New fields that you add to the Status Bar are blank until you assign a function to each field. If you reduce the number of fields, Canvas X Draw removes fields from the right end of the status bar.
To Adjust the Width of a Field:
Drag its border right or left.
During certain actions, such as saving a document, Canvas X Draw displays a progress bar in the Status bar.
Assigning Functions to Fields
To assign a function to a field in the Status bar, right-click on a field to open the context menu, and choose a function in the Show submenu.
- Hintline: The Hintline area displays tool names, tips, and status messages. When you move the pointer over a tool icon or other item, the Message area shows the tool’s name and function. You can use this feature to take a tour of the Canvas X Draw tools and interface.
- Mouse position: When you move the pointer, draw, resize, or rotate objects, Canvas X Draw displays the coordinates of the pointer.
- Object Name & Number: Displays the current page number and layer number. Symbols indicate layer options, including non-printing, locked, and color override. When an object is selected, the field displays the object’s number in the sequence of objects on the layer.
- Object Type: Displays information about selections. When one object is selected, the field displays the type of object selected. When multiple objects are selected, the field shows the number of objects selected. When you select an object group, the field displays Group of n objects, with n as the number of objects.
- Object Details: Displays various details about selected objects, such as the position of points on the bounding box of a rectangle (as measured from the rulers’ zero point) and the number of points in a path object. For other objects, the field displays data such as the diameter of ovals and the angle of arcs.
- Image Edit Data: Displays information about paint objects.