Using Vector and Text Tools in Paint Objects
After placing a paint object in Edit mode, use vector tools and the Text tool to add shapes and type to an image.
When you draw or type text within a paint object in Edit mode, Canvas X Draw rasterizes the objects according to the image mode and resolution of the paint object, and makes a floating selection in the image.
When you type within a paint object in Edit mode, you can modify the font, size, and style of the type before Canvas X Draw rasterizes it.
To Set Anti-Aliasing for Objects Placed in Images:
You can set a preference so Canvas X Draw softens the edges of objects you draw in an image or paste into an image from the Clipboard.
- Choose File | Configuration Center and select the Painting manager in the General settings.
- Set the preferences you want to apply to objects placed in images and click OK.
- To soften selections pasted from the Clipboard: Select Anti-Aliased Clipboard.
- To soften objects or type created in paint objects in Edit mode: Select Anti-Aliased Canvas Objects.
To Draw Objects within Images:
Use any of the drawing tools in a paint object in Edit mode to “paint” shapes. When you finish drawing the shape, Canvas X Draw rasterizes it, based on its shape and colors.
- Place the paint object in Edit mode, if necessary, and select a drawing tool.
- Select ink and stroke settings. (See Inks: Colors and Patterns and Strokes: Outline Effects.)
- Draw in the paint object with the selected tool. (See Drawing Basics.) The object you draw becomes a floating selection and you can change its opacity, set the mode, or apply filters. (See Changing the Opacity of Floating Selections and Image Filters and Effects.)
- Press Esc twice when you finish editing the selection to make the selection part of the image.
- Press Esc once more to exit Edit mode and select the image.
To Set Type within Images:
Type text in a paint object in Edit mode and then modify the attributes before Canvas X Draw converts the type to a floating selection.
Use the Text menu, Type palette, or Properties bar to set typographic attributes.
- Place the paint object in Edit mode, if necessary, and select the Text tool.
- Click the I-beam pointer in the image and type the text, which appears in a white box.
- Press Esc to make the text a floating selection. You can change the opacity, set the mode, and apply filters to the selection. (See Changing the Opacity of Floating Selections and Image Filters and Effects.)
- Press Esc twice to make the type selection part of the image.
- Press Esc again to exit Edit mode and select the image.