Binding Objects to Path
The Bind to Path command is used to bind and align vector objects to a selected path.
If you create your object before you create the path, any irregular object must first be converted to paths (Path | Convert to Paths) before choosing Effects | Bind to Path. This method applies to objects created with the Multigon, Polygon, Spiral, Concentric Circles, and Cube tools.
To Bind an Object to a Path:
- First create the path to which you are going to bind an object.
- Then create the object and then select both.
- Choose Effects | Bind to Path to open the Bind to Path dialog box.
- Enter number of copies of objects.
- Choose alignment of Top, Centers, or Bottom of path.
- Rotate Objects to Path. When checked, the object will rotate based on the direction of the path.
- Click the OK button to accept.